Saturday 25 September 2010

I Have A New "Friend" :-S

So after two weeks of ignoring my various itchings, nausea and discomforts, stoically hoping they would go away, I finally went and visited the walk in health centre this morning.

It would appear that I have two ailments - I'm not one to do anything by halves!

The first is a bacterial infection on the fourth toe of my left foot acquired from swimming with an open wound (I hasten to add it was a very small one, I'm not that dumb! Although, I admit I am pretty dumb) in so called "fresh" open water.

The second is a parasite that must have burrowed into my foot over the summer in Sudan, as evidenced by the tracking rather than the fanning pattern of inflammation on the skin.  So I might have to go and present myself for tests at the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford (where I was born) since Reading doesn't appear to have an exotic diseases unit.

Meanwhile, it's foot up and rest.  VERY frustrating for what feels like such an insignificant injury!!  But then appearances can be deceptive, especially if left untreated!

Interesting times ahead...

No comments: