Saturday 10 April 2010

April Top Reads

Whilst scooting to and from Paris this week, I read a helpful little book called God's Big Picture by Vaughan Roberts. It's only 166 pages and not only is the print big, but lots of those pages are taken up with diagrams, and bible study question and answer spaces. So a distracted reader like me could really feel they were making good progress!

It seeks to plot the storyline of the Bible all the way through from Gen 1 - Rev 22.

Whilst the information in the book was not new to me, I did find Roberts' charts, diagrams and memory hooks most helpful and they certainly helped to clarify and solidify my own understanding of the whole! Those who have to listen to me preach or lead the Biblical thinking forums will be grateful to Roberts for this.

Also, the Pyrenees may be off and enquiries are being made instead for a possible trip to South Sudan.

To get myself in the mood, I've started reading the whopping 680-page-tiny-print-and-very-few-pictures Scramble for Africa by Thomas Pakenham.

It's like a ripping yarn adventure book for grown ups, but it really did happen. Truth is stranger than fiction.

No comments: