Wednesday 12 August 2009

PXR East Africa 2009: Some Visual Highlights

The view of Sipi Falls from our campsite at the end of the main trek.




If you look hard, you can see three different waterfalls! Views like that would cost you £100s in the UK. We got it for $4 each.

Psalm 130:5-6

Remove the rain and place an african woman wearing a traditional head covering and dancing with hands raised to Jesus in front of the window and you get something of the abiding image etched on my brain when I walked into a church meeting in a hut at 6am one Sunday morning. It was small and simple, yet awesome!

The rock that looks like a dinosaur head!

Taken during our trek in the Mt Elgon National Park, Uganda.



Baboon viewpoint, Lake Nakuru National Park, Kenya:


Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most, if not the most, amazing panorama I have ever seen. The image above, (found on Google, as I didn't take a camera.) CANNOT convey anything but a minuscule fraction of the wonder I felt standing there. It was like looking over Eden as a myriad of different animals serenely went about their business below in the warm sunshine. (I felt like Adam, waiting for Jesus to turn up and invite me to name some of them, I also had this music (from 3:54 onwards) playing in my head as I looked on, although not entirely sure why...) A truly exquisite experience, for which I'm very grateful.

No comments: