Tuesday 17 February 2009

Lunch Time Adventures. Episode 2.

So today saw me visiting Ezmerelda (name changed for legal reasons). A top girl with a great sense of humour! Especially when it comes to celebrating her own culinary exploits!! She works for an international engineering firm, that has an office here in Reading.

One of the funniest moments was that on arrival, I was respectfully requested to watch a Health & Safety PowerPoint which was packed full of fascinating life-saving tips including the reminder to hold on to the hand rail when I use the stairs! 

Should I have forgotten that helpful tip, as I am wont to do, there were stickers dotted around the building to remind me, like so:


And there was me thinking education had gone H&S mad!  I shut my mouth and give thanks!

Today I swapped the pickle in my cheese and pickle sandwich for mango chutney, which whilst more exotic, in retrospect, does not surpass the Branston in the satisfying sandwich stakes!

I then had the pleasure and privilege of meeting four wonderful people (all students) who are exploring becoming members of the great church that I serve.  It was funny to be in student houses again; the eclectic mixes of furniture, fixtures, fittings, appliances and posters!  Not to mention the grime and dodgy smoking apparatuses.  "They belong to other housemates," I presume would have been the reply, had I asked!

Today has been a super day.  There are few things I like more than roving around on my bike, meeting people and having an input into their lives by the grace of God! I go to bed a simple, but contented man.

No comments: