Saturday 15 November 2008

A.I.

In search of something else on the ubiquitous Google, I came across this.  Fascinating and terrifying all at once.  In the world of AI (Artificial Intelligence) the concept of making our own gods to rule over us may not be as far away as we think.  Whilst I make no theological connection with Rev. 13 symbolically, it certainly has echos of it!  

Also, if the article is right, it forces you and me to ask, what it really means to be human and, more to the point, what it means to be made in the image of God!  Some of our former assumptions about the image of God being in our functional superiority (ie what we do better than anything else) look like they may have a limited shelf life.  Watch this space.

God give me wisdom, love, power and boldness to live in such days as these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It’s an idea, but humans will never let a computer/robot get that intelligent, otherwise they would stand up against us, because they would want freedom!

A.I. is a great thing and it will benifit us in the coming years, but as for A.I. the film or IRobot, I don't beleive we will get to that point.